High requirements for medical polymers
- Some of the conventional requirements for medical polymers include sterilization, biocompatibility, processability, fluid compatibility, and the best balance of mechanical properties tailored to specific applications.
- Sterilization method is an important consideration in selecting polymers. For medical polymers, the three main sterilization methods are autoclave (steam, heat and pressure), ethylene oxide and gamma radiation. Therefore, the ideal medical polymer also needs to have hydrolysis resistance, solvent resistance and radiation resistance.
- In addition, the application requirements of medical plastics are higher than that of ordinary plastics, and the residues of monomers, oligomers, and metal ions must be strictly restricted.
Why choose medical fluoropolymer?
- High-performance fluoropolymers, such as polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE), have the most suitable lubricity and low friction.
- PTFE can be used to guide the inner liner of the catheter and is a unique development used to relieve the delivery of balloon catheters and stents in coronary angioplasty.
- We can also provide thermoplastic fluoropolymers for thermoplastic extrusion and injection molding, such as polyvinylidene fluoride (PVDF) and fluorinated ethylene/propylene copolymer (FEP), which have better mechanical properties than PTFE, and Often used for customized medical products.
Why choose Alfa Chemistry Fluoropolymers?
- Over the years, Alfa Chemistry Fluoropolymers has focused on the field of fluoropolymers, and the accumulated expertise is the fundamental guarantee for us to provide customers with high-quality solutions. Through our mature custom manufacturing technology, we can respond to customer needs faster, solve difficult product and application problems for medical device customers, and quickly develop customized medical components.
- Alfa Chemistry Fluoropolymers has rich experience in thermoforming, vacuum forming, welding and flanging, and can customize various fluoropolymer medical parts for customers. The fluoropolymer raw materials we can provide for custom processing include PTFE, FEP, PFA and PVDF.
- The customized manufacturing process of Alfa Chemistry Fluoropolymers can help customers reduce production costs. Even for customized needs for small and medium-sized production, our customized manufacturing process is economical.
- Alfa Chemistry Fluoropolymers has an extensive inventory of fluoropolymers, such as tubing and sheet. Our processing technology can be applied to our stock products, so as to customize fluoropolymer products more quickly for you.
- Fluoropolymers used in the medical field have very high requirements for inertness, non-toxicity and biocompatibility. We are committed to providing customers with high-quality customized products. Our fluoropolymers can be used as intravenous catheters, heating coils, instrument tubing, sealed bags, etc.
Instrumentation plumbing containment bags
- Full traceability on all materials
- Large variety of production techniques
- Service available on most thermoplastics
- Processing and assembly
- Very rapid product development and production of samples
- Development service
- Dedicated clean production area
Compatibility with Sterilisation Methods
Get in touch with us
If you have any services of interest, you are welcome to contact us to discuss the solutions that best suit your requirements.
※ Please kindly note that our services are for research use only.