ETFE (Ethylene Tetrafluoroethylene) film is a kind of high-performance fluoropolymer film.
- Excellent heat resistance
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Weather resistance
- Optical transparency
- Electrical insulation
Common Application Scenarios
- ETFE film can be used as a release film for electronic products, and it still maintains excellent release and moderate cushioning properties at temperatures exceeding 200°C.
- Thanks to the good weather resistance of ETFE films, ETFE films can be used as direct or indirect materials for industrial products such as solar cells, such as protective film/back sheet materials.
- ETFE film can be used for roof/exterior wall materials of large stadiums and membrane structures. Thanks to the low friction coefficient of ETFE film, it can save maintenance costs and prevent dirt from sticking.
- ETFE film can be used as substrate for the preparation of fuel cell membrane. By graft copolymerization of styrene and vinyl trimethoxysilane (VTMS) or styrene and 3-(trimethoxysilyl)propyl (TMSPM), proton exchange membranes (PEM) based on ETFE film can be prepared. Compared with uncrosslinked poly(ethylene-copolytetrafluoroethylene)-g-poly(styrene) (ETFE-g-PSSA), silane crosslinked proton exchange membrane (PEM) not only has lower water absorption and size change, but also has high proton conductivity under low humidity conditions. In addition, the chemical stability of silane crosslinked fuel cell membranes is more improved than that of non-crosslinked fuel cell membranes.
Figure 1. Scheme for the preparation of silane-crosslinked ETFE-PSSA/PVTMS and ETFE-PSSA/PTMSPM membrane 
- As we all know, PE and PTFE, which are polymerized by ethylene and tetrafluoroethylene, are both very important high-insulation materials and excellent space charge electret materials. As a copolymer of two monomers of the material, ETFE not only inherits the high resistivity, low dissipation factor, low dielectric constant and excellent chemical stability of PTFE and PE, but also has excellent mechanical properties and low moisture absorption coefficient, which makes it widely used in electrical engineering. Studies have shown that compared with the charge stability of several important electret materials, it is found that the charge stability of ETFE film electret is very good, and the stability of negatively charged ETFE is better than that of positively charged ETFE. After a reasonable heat treatment process, the charge storage life can be significantly improved. As a space charge electret, ETFE film has excellent charge stability, excellent mechanical properties and excellent hydrophobicity under normal environmental conditions, and has the potential for wide application.
Figure 2. The mean charge depth r(T) during TSD after positive and negative corona charging for ETFE films 
- Joon-Yong Sohn, Hae-Jun Sung, Joo-Myung Song, Junhwa Shin, Young-Chang Nho, Radiation Physics and Chemistry 81 (2012) 923–926.
- Lili Shen, Zhongfu Xia, Zhongbao Ji, 2005 12th International Symposium on Electrets (2005) 224-226.
Get in touch with us
If you have any services of interest, you are welcome to contact us to discuss the solutions that best suit your requirements.
※ Please kindly note that our services are for research use only.