Structure and performance of FFKM
- FFKM can be used for sealing parts of semiconductor wafer processing equipment, which need to function in harsh chemical environments and process temperatures of 25 to 300 °C. FFKM has extraordinary chemical and heat resistance, allowing it to withstand almost any process medium, including reactive plasmas with temperatures up to 316 °C. In addition, these seals provide cleanliness and pollution-free, maintain the sealing function in corrosive media, but also need to withstand "wet" and "dry" process chemistry applications including etching, ashing, peeling, copper plating and chemical vapor deposition.
Figure 2. Comparison of the weight loss percentage of FFKM, FKM and silicone rubber in reactive plasma 
- Seals used in the food and beverage manufacturing and processing industries need to cope with a series of harsh conditions and must also comply with many hygiene standards and regulations. Among them, for very high temperature applications, FFKM may be the most suitable elastomer material choice.
Table 1. Comparison of commonly used elastomers and their applicability in different foods 
| || ||Suitability for use|
|Material type||Material description ||Dry food ||Aqueous food ||Fatty food |
|NBR||Acrylonitrile butadiene rubber||√||*||*|
Note: √Generally suitable; *Could be suitable, dependent on grade.
- Jiri George Drobny, Technology of Fluoropolymers, 2009, p97.
- Shuhong Wang, John M. Legare, Journal of Fluorine Chemistry 122 (2003) 113–119.
- Nathan Peel, Sealing Technology 2008 (2008) 11-14.
Get in touch with us
If you have any services of interest, you are welcome to contact us to discuss the solutions that best suit your requirements.
※ Please kindly note that our services are for research use only.